Yayyiiieee! So after watching with 'green' envy all my favorite bloggers receive not one, but upto a dozen "The Varsatile Blogger" Awards, I finally manage to get my own. Without much ado, I will simply follow the rules concomitant to this award, which are-
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award
2. Nominate 15 other bloggers and inform them of the same
3. Share 7 Random facts about yourself
4. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your Blog Post
A humbly uttered and heartfelt gratitude to a blogger whom I have really come to admire in the recent past. Jyoti Babel, who writes at Pages, is one of the best reviewers and culinary experimentalist I have come across. Her blog is always a treat to go through. Since I cannot cook to even save my life, I hope to mug up Jyoti's recipes by heart before the prospect of my marriage starts looming in front of my eyes. Given that a blogger of Jyoti's caliber has tagged me as a Versatile Blogger, the significance of the tag increases manifold.
#2 New Set Of 'The Versatile Blogger' Awardees
Now, this is the most difficult bit. I have been asked to nominate 15 bloggers, but to call someone 'versatile' is a huge responsibility. Many blogs I follow ascribe to a particular type of content, which the bloggers seem to have a proven mastery over, scarce venturing out of their comfort zones. I will, hence, mention only 5 blogs and bloggers, who in my view justify the definition of 'versatility'.
Anup Bishnoi at Grass On Fire
Aavika Dhanda at Nirvana
Achint Mathur at Aman Ki Aasha
Aakriti at Yarn of Words
Anshul Thakur at Aesthetic Blasphemy
Yes, I know I am repetitive in terms of the bloggers I place topmost on my blog roll, but then, these are the ones I am incorrigibly hooked onto. The five I mentioned here have a peculiarity- each one of them has their initial as 'A'. Only a random coincidence. As I stumble on more blogs of significance, I will keep augmenting to this list.
#3 Seven Random Things About Myself
1. I love giving and receiving gifts.
2. I am a recent twitter addict and I love to play on the trending twitter topic.
3. Writing reviews of books is a fond hobby and there are more chances I will end up appreciating a book than denouncing it.
4. Sufi songs and ghazals are my most preferred genres of music.
5. I am a decently good singer. In fact, at a time I aspired to cut an album of my own. Childhood dreams, left amid the glory of childhood only.
6. Caffeine is the only sinful addiction I admit to. May be, chocolates are my second most sinful attachments.
7. Ruskin Bond is one author I have romanticized throughout my life.
I wrote a similar list for my first ever blog award, which can be glanced through here- The 7X7 Link Award
Already added above.
Once again, thanks Jyoti! I only hope that in the coming days I only become a better and better writer, and Nascent Emissions becomes a blog more and more readers are able to find their own reflection in.